At ToddPilates and Barre we change the lives of our clients, helping them become stronger and leaner and often fixing physical problems along the way. Our staff is key to our success and we are always on the lookout for great talent! We currently have openings for Studio Assistants and Group Exercise Instructors. See the job descriptions below for more information and how to get your resume to us.
ToddPilates & Barre is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidates will have a positive attitude, an open mind and a desire to help others achieve their fitness goals. Our Group Exercise Instructors are trained and provided with the means to succeed at their job.
After an appropriate length of time (as determined by management) a new Group Exercise Instructor will have:
1. Demonstrated leadership capabilities and adaptability at the front of a class making each session fun and enjoyable while motivating participants.
2. Demonstrated the ability to move rhythmically to the beat of the music including the ability to incorporate optimal usage of cueing, tempo, choreography, and safe transitional movements from one pattern to another.
3. Organizational skills in creating combinations to be taught within the parameters of the format.
4. A highly sufficient degree of energy, and have the endurance to complete each fitness class.
Group Exercise Instructors will also be required to know and execute general procedures associated with their classes. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Arrive early to each class, at least 20 minutes before the start time of a class to prep, set-up, and greet participants.
2. Meet participants before and after class to answer questions and maintain a positive exercise experience.
3. Communication with management when unsafe conditions occur.
4. Attendance at any required staff meetings and trainings.
5. Provide music appropriate for the exercise format. Music must fall within the guidelines of ToddPilates & Barre and cannot be overly suggestive, contain foul language, and must not discriminate against any group based on ethnicity, gender, age or sexual orientation.
6. Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members subbing whenever possible and assisting with special events as needed.
Power Pilates Certification and/or Barre Above Certification highly recommended. Current Group Exercise Certification is highly desirable(AFAA/NASM or ACE). Current Adult CPR Certification is required. We will train you on the following if you don't have experience: Teaching classes to music. Proper cueing. Developing and choreographing your own classes in both 60-minute and 45-minute formats.
Pay: $25 per class OR $3 per student, whichever is greater.
The Studio Assistant will be responsible for creating a positive client experience by providing a superior level of customer service to ToddPilates & Barre clients, prospective clients and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet clients, prospective clients and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
2. Handle all front desk related activities including:
a. Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
b. Check members into the system (Mindbody Software).
c. New client sign-up.
d. Take prospective clients on tours.
e. Facilitate needed updates to client's accounts.
f. Respond to client questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
g. Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the studio.
1. Customer service background preferred.
2. Basic computer proficiency.
3. A passion for fitness and health.
4. Upbeat and positive attitude!
5. Punctuality and reliability is a must.
6. Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with clients and co-workers, exceeding the client's expectations.
7. Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
8. Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
9. High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
10. Must be 18 years of age or older.
11. Must have flexible availability to work throughout the week.
1. Continual standing and walking during shift.
2. Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
3. Must be okay with being in a reception area with music at elevated levels.
Pay: $12/hr to $15/hr commensurate with experience.
If you're interested in exploring these opportunities with us, please send your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the best way for us to contact you, the position that you have interest in, your availability to work, and your pay requirements. We will reach out to you if we feel your qualifications are a match for our needs. Thanks in advance for your interest!